We all need someone special to fix things as in possessions, right? likewise, whenever we fall sick and need medical assistance. There is someone to help us out. So, the question is who do we connect to as soon as we enter the clinic or hospital? It is the person who takes our initials, learns about the medical condition or health issue we are facing. Then, we send to the health care unit. Over there, we have a highly trained physician. Generally, that is the person who takes us as a patient. checks our vitals and makes sure to diagnose the illness or condition as of the best information received as the best doctor.
Also, that particular doctor is categorized as the primary care physician. He or she is the one who takes care of us. These professionals are the ones who take a medical degree and after completing the house job are given tons of responsibilities.
What are those responsibilities?
Responsibilities given to primary care physicians include diagnosis, treatment, and preventive measures of injuries or illnesses to the general public. Primary care doctors are meant to provide us with comprehensive health care. It means these professionals are bound to deal with chronic and long-term health concerns. This may include diabetes mellitus, colds, bronchitis, cases of flu, and allergic reactions.
Why Do We Need a Primary Care Physician?
As mentioned, they are the ones who deal with chronic and acute health problems. The question is: how do they help in a variety of situations? The answer to it is simple. This is explained in detail below.
Conditions and Scenarios to Work
Primary care doctors work in several situations. Some of them are listed below.
- Prevention and Wellness Screening
What comes under preventive and wellness screening? Let’s check it out.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart associated problems
- Disorders related to the development
- Cancers (breast, prostate, colorectal, and cervical)
- STDs (sexually transmitted diseases)
- Immunity problems
- Injury Care and Severe Illnesses
We also have a primary care physician for the following needs.
- Conducting bodywork (lab tests) so that diagnosis can be done
- Prescribing meds for the health problem
- Checking reactions of other medications
- Conducting electrocardiogram to assess heart
- Spirometry tests to evaluate lung’s functionality
- Give treatment to asthma attacks, urinary tract infections, and migraine attacks
- Manage and treat high fever or dehydration
- Give treatment to bites, skin infections, rashes, or sprains
- Most Chronic Health Conditions
Third and the last on the list is dealing with chronic illnesses. Those may include the following health problems.
- Connect with the specialists
- Give medications and deal with the reactions or any negative change in the body, adjusting the dosage and also stopping the medications if they don't work
- Suggest exercise, diet plan, etc.
We have mentioned three main categories under which you can take the help of a primary care physician. Also, in this article, we have understood the basics of the best doctors in the form of primary care specialists.