A person who takes care or manages your overall health completes the checkup, refers you to a highly trained physician, is called PCP or a primary care provider. He or she is the one who has tons of experience under the belt and provides you with a workable health care plan. However, a PCP or a health care provider is of many types. And in this article, we will get to learn about them all.
These are the medical doctors who also tend to be called docs of osteopathic medicine. Generalists are more to do with internal medicine, pediatrics, or family medicine. No wonder, they play a vital role in the welfare of health and fitness of a person.
- Physical Assistant
PA or physical assistants are those who render their services in association or collaboration of doc of osteopathic or doctor of medicine. They aren’t the nursing staff and hold a degree to collaborate with the specialists.
- Gynecologist and Obstetrician
These two are linked to female health during, before, and after childbirth, fertility concerns, birth control, and related concerns. Gynecologists and obstetricians are focused on woman’s health care, parental care, and wellness.
- Nurse Staff
Another category of health care providers in the nursing staff. These professionals are highly trained individuals who can serve under family medicine, adult care, pediatrics, geriatrics, etc. Another type of nursing staff is trained to look after women-related health care issues. It includes their screening, family planning, prescribing medicines, etc.
What Comes Under Nursing Health Care Providers?
Nurses have special training to assist doctors in psychiatric, cardiac, and community health. Interestingly, nurses are also certified midwives and are trained in delivery as well as labor, health care after giving birth, etc. Since nurses are certified as well as registered, some of them opt for another field – operation and become anesthetists. Obviously, they undergo a certain type of training to become an anesthetist.
What Includes Specialty Care?
The health care provider also helps in referring you to specialists. Following are some examples.
- Dermatologist – the doctor who specializes in skin concerns and helps the skin come back to normal life.
- Cardiologist – deals with heart-related issues and then fixes them with or without operating on them. Not all cardiologists perform heart surgeries.
- Orthopedics – professional doctors who take bones and connective tissues as a task and help the patient get better to live a normal life without pain.
- Psychiatrists – these are the doctors who help patients with mental illnesses and make them better through medicines.
- Radiologists – work in the procedures like x-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and ultrasounds.
- Endocrinologist – metabolic issues, as well as hormonal imbalances, are catered in the finest form by these professionals.
- Immunology – disorders occur in the immune system as well and these are the ones who treat it after making the right diagnosis.
- Oncologist – treats diagnosis, and gives preventive measures to cancer patients.
- Anesthetists – these are the professionals who put the patient to painless sleeping to perform surgery while human organs are functional.